We will start the final module of this training with a metaphor of puzzle pieces coming together which symbolizes the process of aligning personal and business goals as a coherent and integrated whole. In this module, we are going to cover how to at clear actionable goals, how to balance career, business, and personal life, and how to plan and measure to regularly evaluate progress, adjust strategies, and celebrate achievements.
We’re going to cover:
- How to set clear, actionable goals
- Balancing career, business, and personal life
- Plan & measure to regularly evaluate progress, adjust strategies, and celebrate achievements
How to set clear, actionable goals
Introduction to SMART goals
1. S - Specific - Define clear and specific goals
- Who is involved?
- What do you want to accomplish?
- Where will it happen?
- When will it be achieved?
- Why is it important?
2. M - Measurable - Set criteria to track progress and measure.
- How much or how many?
- How will you know when it is accomplished?
- What are the indicators of progress?
3. A - Achievable - Set realistic and attainable goals.
- Is the goal realistic given the available resources?
- Can you realistically achieve it within the given timeframe?
- What are the potential obstacles and how can you overcome them?
4. R - Relevant - Ensure the goal aligns with your overall objectives.
- Does the goal contribute to your long-term vision?
- Is it relevant to your personal or business growth?
5. T - Time-Bound - Set a specific timeframe for achieving the goal.
- When will you start working on it?
- When is the deadline for completion?
Take some time to reflect on your personal aspirations and areas of growth you would like to focus on. Consider both short-term and long-term goals. Choose one specific and meaningful goal you would like to achieve. Make sure it aligns with your values and overall vision for personal development. Apply the SMART criteria to your chosen goal.
“A goal without a plan is just a dream.” – Brian Tracy