In this module, you will explore the importance of setting clear & actionable goals, developing strategies to balance your life and your work purposes, and of cultivating a path to success through continuous planning & measuring. Learning the above will help you grow as a leader and as a person while improving your business practices and your personal habits. Use your Journal to reflect on your experiences and insights as you work through the activities in Module 5.
- Understand and practice setting clear goals.
- Develop strategies to balance life & work success.
- Reflect on the power of planning, tracking progress & celebrating achievements.
Apply the SMART criteria to your chosen goal:
Take some time to reflect on your personal aspirations and areas of growth you would like to focus on. Consider both short-term and long-term goals. Write down 2 of each.
Choose one specific and meaningful goal that you want to achieve. Make sure it aligns with your values and overall vision for personal development.
Apply SMART criteria to your chosen goal and rephrase it. Write down its new version.
Relax and watch a TED Talk:
For your last action of the Journal, we thought we should go easy on you. We keep mentioning the importance of aligning personal and professional objectives, so we invite you to watch a TED Talk on “How to make work-life balance work” by Nigel Marsh.
Once you finish, write down your main takeaways or insights.
Reflections for Module 5:
- What insights did you gain about the importance of clear & actionable goals in self-leadership and business development?
- How can you improve your skills for balancing life and work?
- Which achievements do you want to celebrate most?
- The Wheel of Life: https://www.mindtools.com/ak6jd6w/the-wheel-of-life
- The Eisenhower Matrix: https://www.eisenhower.me/eisenhower-matrix/
- "The One Thing" by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- "Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less" by Greg McKeown
Congratulations on completing Module 5 and the workbook itself!
By embracing the alignment of personal and business goals as a valuable technique for self-leadership and business growth, you are setting yourself up for continued success. Continue to practice setting up SMART goals, and use it to bring clarity & vision into your personal and professional life.
As you move forward, remember to revisit the lessons and insights gained throughout this Self-Leadership for Women in Business course to guide and support your ongoing growth.