We continue the series of self-paced videos for Module Two - Overcoming Fears & Limiting Beliefs - with Resilience.
We're going to cover:
- What is resilience and why is it important
- Which are the 6 domains of resilience
- Action: How to know if you are resilient enough
- What to be aware of when it comes to resilience
- Action: Build resilience with the ABCDE method
- The process & the outcome of adapting to difficult life experiences
- A set of behaviors, skills, and beliefs that you can grow over time
- A psychological ability to cope with a crisis, not to skip it
- The mental, emotional & behavioral flexibility to come back to shape
- Simply advancing through adversity, based on strengths & support
The 6 domains of resilience
- Vision: purpose & meaning, goals, alignment, priorities
- Composure: stress management, emotional awareness, calm & in control, mindfulness
- Reasoning: introspection, resourcefulness, prevention & planning, adaptation
- Tenacity: persistence, bounce back, motivation, realistic optimism
- Collaboration: good relations, social confidence, support networks, trust & teamwork
- Health: sleep quality, exercise habits, nutrition habits, health views & goals
How to know if you’re resilient enough
- Suppressing or avoiding emotions is NOT resilience.
- Keep yourself flexible, but don’t stretch too far.
- Comparison steals the uniqueness of the journey.
- Perfection is the enemy of “good enough”.
- It’s okay to know when enough resilience is enough.
How to build resilience with the ABCDE method
1. Which Adversity are you facing?
2. What are your Beliefs related to that adversity?
3. Which Consequences take place?
4. How do I really know this is true?
5. What could I say to myself instead, to be more supportive?
“Calm seas never made a skilled sailor.” - Franklin Roosevelt