We begin the series of self-paced videos for Module Four - Establishing Supportive Networks and Communities. For this module, we propose using the roads and their infrastructures as a guiding metaphor.
We’re going to cover:
- What is coaching and how can you benefit from it
- What is mentoring and what are its benefits
- What is peer partnership and what advantages it holds
Tools that we have:
Coaching is a process where a trained professional (coach) guides and supports individuals to achieve personal and professional goals.
Benefits of coaching:
- Enhanced goal achievement
- Improved self-awareness
- Skill enhancement
- Increased confidence
Mentoring involves a seasoned and experienced individual (mentor) providing guidance and advice to a less experienced individual (mentee).
Benefits of mentoring:
- Knowledge transfer
- Career advancement
- Expanded network
- Personal growth
Peer partnership is a collaborative relationship between individuals of similar experience and expertise to support each other's growth.
Advantages of peer partnership:
- Mutual learning
- Non-judgmental support
- Immediate feedback
First steps in establishing a network of support
- Take a moment where you imagine where you would like to be in your professional life.
- What are your dreams and goals?
- Draw a vision board that would take you where you want to be.
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu