We begin the series of self-paced videos for Module Three - Developing an entrepreneurial mindset - with the mindset itself.
We’re going to cover:
- What is a mindset and how it works
- How to develop an entrepreneurial mindset
- What to be aware of when it comes to mindset
- Action: Write billboard ideas from 2 Ted Talks
- The lens through which we perceive and approach challenges
- A mental framework that influences beliefs, decisions & responses
- What is formed in early childhood from praising & labeling
- A set of attitudes on culture, values, philosophy, outlook & disposition
- The architect of our mental landscape
How to develop an entrepreneurial mindset
1. Embrace uncertainty: actively & selectively.
2. Practice disciplined execution: consistently & decisively.
3. Challenge assumptions: regularly & curiously.
4. Foster a learning orientation: openly & persistently.
5. Build collaborations: diversly & continuously.
- Your personality decides your mindset, but also the other way around.
- There is no single mindset, but a multiple mindset, on 8 dimensions.
- Cultivating a positive & open mindset is an ongoing journey.
- Mindsets are learned tendencies that keep us unique.
- All is flexible, the power to change resides in YOU! Add “YET”!
Write billboard ideas from 2 TED Talks
Watch these 2 TED Talks and write Billboard Ideas for each of them:
1. The Secret of How to Think Like an Entrepreneur | Amy Wilkinson
2. The Power of an Entrepreneurial Mindset | Bill Roche
“Whether you think you can or can’t, you’re right.” - Henry Ford